Thursday 7 June 2012

Flex clone volumes got created by running the SMSQL(issue resolution)


Flex clone volumes got created by running the SMSQL(issue resolution).

Hello friend today I need to tell you some thing about a small issue which I faced recently with snap manager for sql.
As I was checking my volumes on the filer I observed that some of the clone volumes got created of my those volumes which were having the sql database lun and those lun were used for the snapmanager for sql.
Those clone volumes naming convention CL_SD_(original volume name) .
So I contacted the NetApp technical team regardin this issue and solution which they gave me was mention belwo.
The SMSQL verification process creates clones of the databases so that it can do verification of them from a consistent snapshot with the logs. So it creates a clone of the volume that usually consists of the naming convention CL_SD_(original volume name) and mounts the volumes to do the verification. Typically we would expect those to be unmounted at completion of the verification and removed. However, since that does not always occur and can sometimes happen due to a hang or slow response in the Host all that needs to be done is offline the Volumes and Delete them after.
So friends if you all face such type of issue no need to panic just do those volumes offline and delete them.


No comments:

Post a Comment